I certainly didn't think it would inspire someone enough that they would include me in their nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award but it did! Thank you Sprouted Roots! You lovelies made my week!
As Sprouted Roots said, it's so lovely to be recognised by people who know how hard this blogging thing can be to keep up! Consider my heart officially warmed :D
Now here are the rules I need to follow as a nominee:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you. Check!
- Share seven facts about yourself. Eek...see below!
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated (Am I allowed to nominate my other blog? No? I won't then. Wouldn't want to be known for shameless self-promotion ;) ). Done!
Seven facts about me...
- I have a completely irrational fear of moths
- I am actually grateful for having chronic illness and pain for all those years because my illnesses inspired me to become a holistic counsellor and meditation teacher and I totally adore my job!
- I decide I hate certain foods based on the look of them, without ever having tasted them. Artichoke is an example of this *shudder*
- When my husband asked me to marry him, I said "are you sure?" (I still technically haven't said yes...)
- I named my cat after the black cat in Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat. My nerdiness knows no bounds.
- I also own several remote-controlled Daleks (that scare the living daylights out of aforementioned cat)
- I love eating breakfast for dinner
The blogs I nominate...
- Celiac and the Beast - my inspiration to get off my butt and start this blog and one of the funniest, most down to earth, passionate bloggers out there
- Gluten Dude - another fellow coeliac who approaches this disease with humour, passion and honesty
- The Elliott Homestead - raw, honest account of living on the land, with a healthy dose of humour thrown in for good measure
- My Darling Lemon Thyme - pretty blog, delicious recipes, healthy living. What more could you ask for!
- Deglutenous - a great blog for those facing a lifetime of living gluten free
- The Revived Kitchen - an honest guide to simple living
- Nourished Kitchen - reviving traditional foods one delectable recipe at a time
- Food your body will thank you for - the title says it all!
- Hungry Healthy Happy - an inspiring journey to health
- Autoimmune Paleo - a great resource for those looking to change the way they manage their autoimmune disease and the way they think about food
- Paleomg - good eating and good humour in one
- Down to Earth - a fellow Aussie who has inspired me in my journey to simple living and going back to basics (thanks to her, I have only spent $1.80 on laundry detergent in the last three years by making my own!)
- Home Life Simplified - another Australian living simply and authentically (and like me, believes life is too short to iron)
- Nourish not Punish - simple but amazing recipes from a fellow Melbournian and coeliac blogging about good food and good health
- Live Breathe Health and Cook Nutritiously, Eat Deliciously - yes I'm doing two in one and yes they're both technically a Facebook page and not a blog but worth checking out! Two Melbournian nutrition students inspiring us to eat well and live well!
Your turn! Who are your favourite and inspiring bloggers! Share the love in the comments below :)